Thursday 19 November 2009

Voyage !!

It was just yesterday an another human stepped in this world!

My mother’s womb so secure, so protected, her hands were so warm so full of love and her eyes bestowed love and blessing on a child who was nothing more than a small mass of flesh with no emotions no feelings attached, all new to my surroundings trying to connect to them!

She promises to give me the best of all. Since that day I was blessed with the privilege to see the world, through my Mom's eyes I saw all of it. The sense of music and the sense on movement were first cultivated by her; I heard her saying things to me, singing lullabies to me. I saw her move and learnt grace and elegance.

Values and morals were given by her; she was my first teacher, my first school and my first friend. From a baby to a child I held her finger and learned to walk. I learnt to reach my goals no matter how many failure and obstacles come my way. I learnt the lessons of life in my childhood and I practiced them in my early teens. And the time has now come to imply those to my life as now the time has come to leave my Mom's finger and walk alone with a hope that, if ever I fail or look back I will find her there with open arms to embrace me as I'm with all my failures or achievements. I will see the same love that I saw in her eyes 20 years back as new born.

Life was not easy without her, there was no one to guide me suddenly I realized that it’s on me now. There were times when temptations crept in, urges made me wander and misled me to path which was so cold and eerie inside but a glimpse of them were so beautiful. All luxurious and extravagant but as I loitered on those path something began to eat me from inside somebody was trying to suck the values and morals my mother gifted me once. I heard a voice shouting the road you are treading is wrong! It was my inner conscience telling me not because it should but because my mom's values were so deeply rooted so it was not able to stay mum for long.

It’s almost impossible to change the roads now, that time I again saw the same tempting luxuries and my fantasy overlooking the darkness which will follow it. I was so appalled at my doing and thought my mother would be so upset and will chide me or even hate to say I'm her child. To my astonishment it was not as I expected she did reprimanded me but I saw the same love and concern in her eyes. But this time I promised her not to get influenced and reach my goals.

Life is beautiful! Yes indeed but it has its share of ugliness as life is all about opposites. And ironically I have lots of encounters with the ugly aspect of it, not denying the beauty that accompanied it. I was chosen to witness the stark reality of lives yet be calm and composed. The skill of camouflaging emotions was learnt by my mother.

In my voyage many things came up from temptations it began and from then onwards. Expectations Comparisons Inspirations Aspirations Actions Reactions Perceptions Conditions Situations (All without commas) that’s life for me as it waits for none! Even you lost your breath. I know I lose it almost every day. When I was adamant to make a life for myself and live life on my terms as the halo of sincerity flashed on me and the chimes of making it MINE rang in my ears. Every time I was about to reach the zenith of my aims I was given Rejection Dejection both are difficult than any examinations in life.

Then came in seclusion and isolation; but my mother's motivation and her trust in me has kept me going and will keep me going till I reach what I saw for myself and now it my turn to show the world to my mother through my eyes. I will hold her hand and take her to my world.

To my Mom,

No matter what I do for her, I will never be able to acknowledge what she has done and is doing for me.

Love you so much :)

2 comments:

Pragya said...

Really Gud one..She must be longing for this since so long..Kudos to her !!

Farah said...

Wow haan!
Loved the topic!
Awesome thought!
great!